A Special Experience to Enhance Your Stay
Human beings are moving further and further away from the natural world, and we at the Stanford Inn believe that bringing back a little nature into our lives can produce balance, calm, and much needed perspective to our busy lives! Next time you visit the Stanford Inn, add on this literally groundbreaking package to your stay. The ‘Get Your Hands in the Dirt’ package re-connects you to nature with time in our own organic Big River Nurseries (where you will learn practical gardening tools—setting up indoor/outdoor herb and vegetable gardens, harvesting, menu planning, and more). During your one-on-one time with our head gardener you’ll learn about the exciting things happening in the small farm movement, which is at the forefront of a necessary shift, according to a recent UN. report. Also included are a cooking and nutrition class to teach you the ins and outs of the wonderful plants you’ll learn to grow! The inn features Wi-Fi, satellite HDTV, and cell phone reception so you can still connect when needed!
- Three dinners
- Basic Gardening Class (including home and indoor gardening)
- Next Level Gardening Class (increasing yields, biointensive methods etc.)
- Vegan Cooking Class
- Learn to incorporate fresh produce into your daily eating!
- Healthy Living Class with author Sid Garza-Hillman
- Learn how to live more naturally in the modern world. Sid shares his unique approach to living happier and healthier!
- Copy of How to Grow More Vegetables by John Jeavons!
$475/person + tax in addition to your stay!
$760/couple + tax in addition to your stay!